Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Vent

Photo by by Mr. Kimberly
Today I had lunch with my co-workers.  Because people feel no compunction to open the floor to my reproductive choices, I was asked (again) why I didn't want children.  I hate these conversations.  I hate feeling I have to defend myself against something, I hate not being able to actually speak my mind for fear of offending someone...

As an appeal to the general public: The next time you happen to corner some poor individual regarding their choice to procreate the following comments and questions are NOT appreciated.  At all.



1. You'll regret it.
2. You're missing out on a great experience.
3. Who will take care of you when you're old?
4. You'll change your mind.
5. Once you have children, you realize how shallow you were before.
6. You'll never know what love really is.
7. It's good that you know you're too selfish to have kids.
8. What are your going to do with your life?

None of these thing are helpful.  What they are is judgmental and ignorant.  If you can't say something nice, please don't say anything at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment