Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Last Post

If you haven't already heard about it, there is an amazing blogger in Canada who posthumously published one last blog post (read it here).  It is one of the most amazing things I have ever read, and I highly recommend it.

The author, Derek Miller, has been blogging for over 10 years, and didn't stop when he found out he had cancer, or that it was terminal.  His last post has gone viral and it's estimated it has been read over 8 million times.  For me, it is the last line that I'll remember, as he's speaking to his wife.  "I loved you deeply, I loved you, I loved you, I loved you." 

As I've mentioned before, I lost my mother a little over a year ago to cancer.  And underneath the searing pain that still hunts me, is the knowledge that I was loved.  I never worry if my mother would have forgiven me for any mistakes I made along the way, because I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that she did.  She forgave my mistakes before I even made them.  I can only hope that when it is my time to face the end of my life, that I can do it with the grace and dignity that Mr. Miller showed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment